Need for Datatypes
- To allocate memory on RAM, we need to specify size
* i need 4 bytes
* call that 4 bytes as number
- Solution: Datatype
- Depending on the type of data which you are storing in RAM, compiler/interpreter requests for specific size
- Some of the Data types are immutable, when ever value of the variable is changed, it leads to creation of new memory locations.
- Applications/Programs generally allocate memory for execution.
- Memory Leak is situation where your app/program is allocating the memory but not freeing it up.
- Consequence of the memory leak is application will be crashed at some point.
- Memory Leaks can be idenfied by using memory profiling tools.