- In majority of cases we do programming to get paid.
- Organizations might need
- Some applications
- Automate some of the manual work
- Building apps/games etc..
What happens when you run applications
How do i build applications
- Speak/write to Processor directly
- Processor understands 0’s or 1’s
- Speak/Write the language that is easy for humans to understand
- Assembly languages
- High Level Languages
- With High Level Languages, we need some one to transform instructions
- These High Level Languages are also referred as Programming Languages, Some of Popular Programming languages are
- Bash: It is automating command line tasks on linux/unix
- C: As a general purpose language
Getting to Know Your Computer
- Computer is stupid.
- Computer follows instructions, if your instructions are good enough, you can even play chess
- Computers seem to be intelligent depending on instructions which we pass (applications).
How Programs work
- Programs work as shown below
- To store results in ram we generally use some thing as variables
- To tell how much of memory should i reserve on RAM we use datatypes.
How to be effective in Writing Programs
- Don’t directly write programs
- Lets introduce a character ‘Snake’ or ‘Kid’, to which we will communicate our intentions
- ‘Snake’ or ‘Kid’ knows how to reserve memory in RAM
- ‘Snake’ or ‘Kid’ knows how to add, subtract, divide, multiplicate
- We would try to speak with ‘Snake’ or ‘Kid’ to get our logics implemented