- In the 1770’s a Pierre Jaquet-Droz, a Swiss watchmaker, created some mechanical dolls and called them as automata.
- These dolls could read instructions and thereby considered programmable.
- These dolls could play music and write letters
- Charles Babbage also wanted to build a computer which is programmable and can perform analytical operations
- Charles Babbage (1833) met Ada Lovelace, She became very impressed in Babbage’s plan and she wrote notes outlining her ideas for Babbage’s Analytical Engine on how to be programmed.
- We can call her the inventor of programming.
What is a Program?
A computer is dumb, in the sense that , without programs it can not do any thing.
Program is set of instructions which the computer executes
We are here to learn how to write these programs using Python so that computer can run our applications.
The System Architecture
We as programmers will write the user applications or make our application work on existing user applications
Lets assume we are building an application for resume creation
- Our application has to work on top of os
- OS will create a Process in which our application runs
- The code which we have written has to be executed by CPU and Process will be given some cpu cycles.
- To remember the values used during the application Process will be given some memory (RAM)
- Our application has to generate a word document for this our application will use disk through OS Kernel
To make it easy to write applications we have programming languages (Python, Java, C, C#, Ruby…)
- Understand the memory aspects
- Understand the program execution process
- Algorithms and Psuedo Code
- Writing programs
Curios Case of Dubbing
Elon musk visiting Tamilnadu Govt School (Hypotetical)