Flask Web Framework
- It is a web framework that can be used to easily build Web Applications.
- Web applications usually need core functionalities such as interacting with client requests, routing URLs to resources, rendering web pages and interacting with databases.
- Flask provides the necessary packages, modules that do the heavy lifting & as a develepor we need to focus on the acutal application logic.
- The reason why we choose the Flask is that Flask is minimalistic (Also regarded as micro web framework)
- If we want to build further functions, there is vast number of Flask extensions.
Building a Simple Recipe Management Application
- We are going to build a recipe-sharing platform and API is the interface we expose to the public.
- Lets start with Basic functions that we will need
|GET||Get all the recipes||/recipes|
|GET||Get one particular recipe||/recipe/11|
|POST||Create a recipe||/recipes|
|PUT||Update a recipe||/recipes/11|
|DELETE||Delete a recipe||/recipes/11|
The typical recipe should have the following attributes
- ID: The unique identifier for the recipe
- Name: The name of the recipe
- Description: The description of the recipe
Lets create a new project or use the project created in the last session.
Ideally recipes should be coming from database. Till we write database code to this lets use static responses
Lets refer the documentation of Flask API reference Refer Here
Lets try to send the responses in json format
Refer Here for the changes done
Refer Here for the postman collection added
Refer Here for the code changes to get individual recipe.