API Rate-Limiting Contd
- We want to ease the rate limit for our developers and testers of API
- We would like to set up an IP whitelist that can allow certain IP addresses to use the API without any rate limit
- Refer Here
Open API Specification
- Refer Here for the Open API Specification
- Api documentation is a technical instruction about how to effective use an api, Its a concise reference manual containing all the information required to work with API like URI, request parameters, return tyoes etc
- Swagger allows you to describe the structure of your API’s so that machines can read them.
- By reading the API structure, swagger can automatically build interactive API documentation.
- Swagger does this taks by asking your API to return a YAML or JSON that contains detailed description of entire API according to open API Specification
- Lets try to generate the Open API Specification and Swagger interactive documentation for our api’s developed in Flask
- In Flask we have an extension which is Flask-apispec
- Lets install Flask-apispec
pip install flask-apispec
- Refer Here for the changes to add swagger ui and flask api spec implementation.
- Now access the application
- Now access the application url
- We would get interactive documentation.
- Next steps:
- Lets make our swagger documentation correct and easier to understand.
- Lets start building api’s with django-restful
- These changes have broken our code, we will fix them in our next session.