- Refer Here for quick review.
- We use Numpy arrays over lists because they are faster and consume less resources compared to pure python lists.
- In the broadest sense the term Vectorization in computer science denotes the process of applying mathematical operation to an array (in general sense) element by element.
- Vectorization is done by default when an applicable operation is performed on Numpy array. This includes
- absolute values
- square root
- trignometric functions
- logarthamic functions
- exponential functions
- Refer Here for the python notebook.