Designing Open API Specifications
- Using Spotlight studio Refer Here
- Generate the spec easily and create the open api preview
- Refer Here for the open api spec created.
- Importing OpenAPI Spec in Postman
Exercise: Import a Open API Spec to Create a Post Man Collection
- Refer the openapi older standard for petstore Refer Here
Import this json file to create a new collection for petstore.
- APIs need to be authenticated, how are we going to handle this
- Tests needs to performed rather than just clicking on requests and manually verifying responses
- Parametrization needs to be understood.
Creating Test Validation Scripts
- In this series, we will findout how to set up good test validation scripts in postman.
Checking API responses
- Create a new collection in Postman with the variable baseUrl as shown below
- When i want to use an Programming Language to perform some activity, I should know the interface/API/Reference details
- In postman we would be carrying out most of the operations using pm object Refer Here
- Lets try to understand response Refer Here